1. No poverty.
2. Zero hunger.
3. Good health and well-being.
4. Quality education.
5. Gender equality.
6. Clean water and sanitation.
7. Affordable and clean energy.
8. Decent work and economic growth.
9. Industry, innovation and infrastructure.
10. Reduced inequalities.
11. Sustainable cities and communities.
12. Responsable consumption and production.
13. Climate action.
14. Life below water.
15. Life on land.
16. Peace, justice and strong institutions.
17. Partnership for the goals.
From: “Transforming our world: The 2030 agenda for sustainable development". https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/
As a company we believe it is fundamental that our work take into consideration the points listed above.
We feel called to make our contribution especially for the points listed below.
8-9) Our products are made in Italy, at a cost defined and agreed upon with our suppliers, a reasonable price, that
enable these persons to earn and invest in their own companies: people come first!
9) We believe in innovation of shape, material and function. Innovation in the traditional spirit of great Italian Design.
12) The raw materials and the natural resources, available on our planet, are limited. A company that intends to create products must set itself the goal of having the least harmful as possible impact on the environment, and, if possible, contribute to its improvement. If, for the creation of the products it is necessary to cut down trees, the company must contribute to the replanting of the felled trees, so that future generations do not suffer the consequences.
13 - 14 - 15) In Albero Bambino, since the beginning we have decided to apply the LCA (Life Cycle Assessment) procedures to all our products. The entire life cycle of the product, from the raw materials used, until its disposal through recycling or placing in landfills, has an impact on our environment. The Equivalent CO2 (CARBON FOOTPRINT) emitted during production, the energy used during the production cycle or in logistics processes, the waste materials during production, the packaging: everything has been taken into account by the company. This allowed the company to obtain, in March 2020, the EPD (Environmental Product Declaration) which guarantees and certifies the environmental impact of its products. To date and all over the world, Albero Bambino is the only company of baby’s products to have obtained it: see www.environdec.com/Detail/?Epd=18213. All the materials with which our creations are made (wood, metal and polyester), are fully recyclable. In addition, our products are designed to be disassembled, so you can reuse the wood for different purposes, such as making household objects. The beech wood represents more than 90% of all materials used for our creations.
This is what Albero Bambino is working for: trying to create a better world and making people understand how important it is to change our daily behaviour, the way we create, choose or buy something, since the very smallest things.